STEEL SHIELD PLUS is a special formulation containing 316L stainless steel pigment to provide maximum corrosion resistance and protection against weather, sunlight, oil and water. Dries to a satin finish. It can be used to protect metal and paint metal structures as well as touching up appliances. Recommended as a topcoat, not a primer. Use of a primer is always beneficial to enhance adhesion and overall durability. Dries quickly and is non-yellowing.
- Perfect for protecting, painting and touching up welds
- Provides maximum resistance
- Protects against sunlight, oil and water
- Contains 316L stainless steel pigment
- Dries to a satin finish
- Metal Structures
- Stainless Steel
Directions for Use
1. Surface must be clean, dry and free of rust before painting. Protect surrounding areas from spray mist. For best results, use when can is between 50°F and 90°F (10°C and 32°C).
2. Shake can at least one minute after rattle is heard and occasionally during use.
3. Spray surface with steady even strokes at a distance of 8 to 10 inches (20 to 25cm). Several light coats give a better finish than one heavy coat.
4. If clogging develops, turn sprayhead 1/4 turn or remove and clean sprayhead slot. Do not stick pin or other objects into can opening. With can and sprayhead pointed away from you, reinsert sprayhead with a gentle twisting motion.
5. To clear sprayhead for future use, turn can upside down and spray for 3 seconds. Completely empty cans may be recycled or disposed of with regular trash. Dispose of partially empty cans responsibly. DO NOT incinerate or compact.
To touch: 5 minutes
To topcoat: 10 minutes
*At 72°F, 50% humidity, 1.5 mil thickness
**Curing/Recoat time is extended with multiple coats and excessively thick coats**
Gloss*: Low Luster
*as measured on a 60 degree gloss meter