RUST-AID can be applied to any iron or steel surface to penetrate rust and turn it into a protective black coating. This protective coating will be resistant to moisture and prevents future rust growth. Just remove any loose rust, then apply it like a primer to rusted surfaces. Greatly reduces time spent wire brushing and sanding. A topcoat is required for maximum rust protection.
- Any iron or steel surface restored to a “like new” appearance
- For car, trucks, trailers, railings, furniture and tools
- Prevents rust from reappearing
- Resists moisture
- Sheet Metal
- Storage Tanks
Directions for Use
1. For best results, use when can is between 50°F and 90°F (10°C and 32°C).
2. Shake can at least one minute after rattle is heard and occasionally during use.
3. Use a wire brush or sandpaper to remove as much loose and flaky rust as possible.
4. Spray surface with steady even strokes at a distance of 8 to 12 inches. A chemical reaction will cause the rust to turn black. Allow 24 hours before applying a second coat or when topcoating with a different coating.
5. If clogging develops, turn sprayhead ¼ turn or remove and clean sprayhead slot. DO NOT stick pin or other objects into can opening. With can and sprayhead pointed away from you, reinsert sprayhead with a gentle twisting motion.
6. To clear sprayhead for future use, turn can upside down and spray for 3 seconds. Completely empty cans may be recycled or disposed of with regular trash. Dispose partially empty cans responsibly. DO NOT incinerate or compact.
To touch – 10 minutes
To recoat/topcoat – 24 hours
*At 72°F, 50% humidity,
1.5 mil thickness
**Curing/Recoat time is extended with multiple coats and excessively thick coats**
Gloss*: Flat, <15
*as measured on a 60 degree gloss meter