CAPTURE is a highly efficient, lightweight, naturally occurring, amazingly absorbent material that complies with all RCRA** regulations. It reduces time, effort, equipment and landfill space and exceeds all standards set by the Environmental Protection Agency’s regulations regarding disposal of liquid waste. This dust-free formula eliminates airborne particles, making it a safe noncarcinogenic product. ** Resources Conservation & Recovery Act of 1980.
- Absorbs up to 600% its weight
- Nonhazardous, nontoxic, noncarcinogenic and noncombustible
- Completely encapsulates acids, caustics, oils, solvents, bodily fluids and more
- Drastically reduces cleaning time and disposal costs
- Reduces slipping hazards
- RCRA and OSHA Compliant
- Oils: motor oils, diesel, hydraulic, mineral, vegetable, etc.
- Solvents: Acetone, methyl ethyl ketone (MEK), cyclohexanone, methlyene, chloride, toluene, xylene, antifreeze
- Alcohols: methyl, ethyl, isopropyl, and butanol
- Caustics: Sodium hydroxide and potassium hydroxide
- Mineral Acids: Sulfuric, hydrochloric, perchloric, phosphoric
- Water and Oil-Based Paints
- Run-off Water
- Minor Spills
- Plumbing Leaks
- Mop Water
- Major Spills
- Roof Leaks
- Sewage Overflow
Directions for Use
CAPTURE is not hazardous to one’s health, but the liquid being absorbed could be. Use the same precautions you would have in place for a spilled liquid.
Step 1: Sprinkle CAPTURE directly upon the spilled liquid. In the case of a flowing spill, place CAPTURE in front of the spill creating a dam. Less CAPTURE is needed for thick liquids such as motor oil, while more CAPTURE may be necessary for thin liquids like alcohol.
Step 2: Mix CAPTURE into the spill in a circular motion with a stick, rake or stiff bristle broom until the liquid is completely absorbed. Encapsulation will occur upon contact with the liquid.
Step 3: After the spill has been absorbed, remove the captured liquid with a broom and dustpan. Dispose according to federal, state, and local regulations.
**CAUTION** Do NOT use with Hydrofluoric acid!