BIO BLOCK and BIO BLOCK JR are time-released, solid bacteria blocks that sit on the bottom of grease traps and lift stations. As the block dissolves, the biologicals circulate, digesting grease, feed, fat and sludge. This will make an immediate difference in grease buildup and eliminate odors up to 96%. While the block goes to work in the grease trap, waste becomes more fluid, allowing bacteria to flow more freely throughout the entire system, consuming more waste as it travels.
- Lasts up to 30 days
- Easy to use, no measuring, no waste
- Suitable for all grease trap sizes
- Eliminates up to 96% of grease trap odors
- Absorbs phosphates and reduces hydrogen sulfide
- Reduces organic solids and sludge buildup
- Improves settling and percolation
- Lowers BOD, TSS, COD & FOG
- Meets the “Purchase of Sustainable Cleaning Products and Materials” criteria under the LEED point management system
- Grease Traps
- Lift Stations
- Wet Wells
- Settling Tanks
- Holding Tanks
Directions for Use
1.Determine gallon capacity of grease trap.
Width x Depth x Height = Cubic Feet
Cubic Feet x 7.5 = Gallon capacity
2.Normal dosage as below. For initial application double the dose to “shock” the system and increase the biofilm to combat the grease immediately.
|Trap Size||Dosage||Approximate Longevity|
|5-40 gls||1 Bio Block JR||25-30 days*|
|40-80 gls||2 Bio Block JR||25-30 days*|
|80-500 gls||1 Bio Block||25-30 days*|
*Results will vary upon types of food prepared (vegetables and large chunks of meat are harder to digest), temperature, amount of water flow and the trap water pH.
3.Make sure you always begin with a recently cleaned (or pumped) trap.
4.Place blocks away from inlet, towards the middle. Be sure that the blocks are submerged in the water and are not resting in grease. The blocks need water to dissolve. If using more than one block, place in a scattered pattern.
5.For most effective trap, water temperature should be below 150°F. The hotter the water, the quicker the disillusion and the more harm to the biological.
6.After the initial application, do a followup in 2 weeks. This will age the success of the initial application and determine what works best for the specific trap.
At the 2 week checkpoint, look for the following:
- Remaining grease is soft, broken up
- Odor should be greatly reduced or eliminated
- Brown foam is present (This is the grease being digested into water and CO2
- Free flowing water that will appear clearer
- Check the blocks. If half dissolved, you have correctly dosed the trap to last approximately 1 month. If fully dissolved, the trap to last approximately 1 month. If fully dissolved, dose was too small.
7.Check back in 2 more weeks to make sure the blocks are practically gone and then adjust the recommended dosage accordingly. Lift Stations and Other Areas:
Lift Stations and Other Areas:
Suspend the block into the treatment area allowing the block to be placed just away from the higher flow areas. A rope may be needed to keep block in place. The block will dissolve as the wastewater washes over it. Higher flows will result in faster degradation of the block.