WATER WICKs are designed specifically to absorb water from the bottom of fuel tanks (including gasoline, fuel oil, diesel and kerosene). Once the WICK has absorbed its maximum capacity, it will appear as a tight bladder completely filling the plastic enclosure. When this happens, it is time to replace the WATER WICK. This amazing product can absorb up to 8 ounces in 30 minutes. It helps maintain peak performance and prevent engine failure by pulling in the water that collects in the bottom of fuel tanks.
- Helps preserve engine life
- Prevents frozen fuel lines by removing water
- Minimizes filter clogging rust and algae
- Has a tough, nylon line for easy deployment and retrieval
- Available in four sizes
For Use By
- Gas Companies
- Freight Carriers
Water Wick Sizes
WICK #343804 – 3.5” X 12” long – Absorbs up to 36 ounces
WICK #343803 – 2” x 12” long – Absorbs up to 12 ounces
WICK #343802 – 1.5” x 12” long – Absorbs up to 8 ounces
WICK #343801 – 1” x 9” long – Absorbs up to 3 ounces
Directions for Use
CAUTION: Not to be used with on-road passenger vehicles tanks (automobiles, pickups, motorcycles, SUV’s) with anti-siphon mechanism or tanks with fill necks.
- Make sure the diameter of your tank opening is big enough to insert and remove the WATER WICK without resistance.
- Extinguish cigarettes or any other burning materials before opening the fuel tank.
- Hold the retrieval cord and slowly lower the WATER WICK into the tank. Allow several minutes for the WATER WICK to sink.
- Be sure the retrieval cord length will allow the WATER WICK to lie flat on the tank bottom. (This is where the water will be.) Shorten the retrieval cord to remove excess slack.
- Attach the retrieval cord to the underside of the fuel cap or any location that still allows the cap to be replaced.
- When the WATER WICK is fully saturated, remove it from the fuel tank. Saturation will be indicated when the nylon inner bladder expands tightly against the outer casing. Saturation level should be checked monthly and replaced every three months regardless of saturation.
- Install the WATER WICK so that it will not obstruct the fuel outlet or sending unit. THIS IS ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT IN MOVING VEHICLES.
NOTICE: Alcohol-based fuel additives designed to disperse water reduce the effectiveness of the WATER WICK.
DISPOSAL NOTICE: Used absorbents can be considered hazardous and must be disposed of in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.